Trusted Advice to Grow Your Small BusinessPractical, cost-effective advice to start, grow and develop your small business
- Business advice includes:
- How to start a business
- How to set up a new business
- How to grow a business
- How to improve a business
- How to develop a business
Starting your venture is a very significant undertaking, even when you have business skills, experience, expertise and a good working knowledge of the industry you intend starting in. You must have the financial capacity to ensure you have both sufficient working capital and reserves to fund your business development. If you are starting out without these three essential elements and the financial resources necessary, you are going to need some excellent business advice, business support and ongoing mentoring to give yourself the best possible chance of surviving.
- Micro and Start-up Small businesses
- Established Small businesses
- First Time Business Owners
- Self employed
- Home based businesses
Talk to a Business Advisor
Starting and Growing a Small Business in Australia
Why Start a Business?The very first question you have to ask yourself is why do you want to be in business and why do you wish to start one?'Why' needs to be asked many times over.Renowned speaker Simon Sinek has created a whole strategy to inspire people to do what inspires them www.startwithwhy.com
- Why are you going into business?
- Why do you want to start a business?
- Why this business opportunity?
- Why this industry?
- Why at this time?
- Why this business model?
Planning Before You StartBefore starting a business of any description, there is lots of preparation and prior learning to be undertaken.Fortunately, this a wealth of information and support readily available, much of it free, to get you started on the right pathway.As an example, these twenty 'How to Guides' for Starting a Successful Business make excellent reading for first timers.Of the all of the options available to you, starting a from scratch is the most challenging as it can take a considerable time before the business flourishes.However, if finances are limited, it may be the only option available. But remember less start-up capital often = less income.Do not be taken in by the promises of a lifestyle to which you would like to become accustomed.Success in business and a new lifestyle do not come before hard work and doing the hard yards required!
The five essential elementsThese are the five key elements required at the outset of your startup journey.
- A genuine opportunity exists where you can attract sufficient sales - the lifeblood of any business
- The financial capacity to support the business start-up phase. You must know how much capital is going to be required before you start
- The required skill set to create, lead and manage a business plus the technical expertise for your chosen industry
- A business advisor, accountant or mentor who genuinely knows and understands small business - absolutely priceless and will save you a fortune and possibly your house
- A Business Plan and Cash Flow Budgets in place